Summertime

Summertime
Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Do you know what tomorrow is?

Rise and Shine campers, it's Groundhog Day!
A scene in Punxsutawney, PA  from one of my favorite passtime leisure movies.
I wonder how many of you consider groundhog day?  For a brief moment we might think of spring and it's possibility of arriving in six weeks.  Six weeks, that's not much is it?  It doesn't sound like much.  So for a moment we watch the festivities on the morning news taking place live in Punxsatawney, PA.   We watch the Grand Marshall pull the little fat critter out of his domain as we're sipping our coffee and then we focus our eyes to see...
Just as I thought, six more weeks of winter.
I'm amusing myself at the moment thinking if I were to take the day off tomorrow (Groundhog Day), I would make some hearty dish such as chili spaghetti, applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon, texas toast, a nice garden salad with a swirl of French dressing and a tall glass of ice tea.  I'd grab my comfy fleece throws and as the light gray stiffened cold bareness of the outdoors sends the last little bird home for shelter and quickly turns a deeper shade of gray, proceed to my favorite chair and watch the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray and Andie MacDowell for the gabillionth time. I'd be perfectly content and know that all is well in the world.  At least my world, that is. :)
 To all of you, however you decide to spend it!
It's only six more weeks until spring! :)


Love,
Kris

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails