Summertime

Summertime
Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August summer reflection


Celosia
Looking back on a planted arrangement of one flower.  It's a most beautiful statement in a nearby neighborhood lining the side path of someone's drive.  It's so unique.

I dreamed of planting some of this fuzzy flower for an arrangement I had in mind.
Celosia Wreath
But what came up was a little disappointing.

One lonely flower.
Some people really have a devine knack for growing their heart's desire.  I revisited this wondrous flower while on a bike ride yesterday.

It's 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall and the flower cluster is about the size of a basketball.  Quite stunning.
So textural.

The flower heads are so heavy, they are now supported with stakes & twine.  Amazing.

I love the beauty this flower has created to someone's well manicured lawn.  I love being able to see it's progress in growth during the summer. 

It's interesting to see how such a great display of one flower finds it's way in someone else's garden in the neighborhood.

I love to see what folks like to plant and display.  I've always loved zinnias.

It brings sunshine to your life!
Wishing you a lovely, safe, beautiful August day!
Love,
Kris

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails