Summertime

Summertime
Summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Irish Blessings

~
For each petal on the shamrock
This brings a wish your way -
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and everyday.
-Author Unknown
~

While growing up,  a fun childhood tradition was wearing of green on St. Patrick's Day.  Your friends would remind you to wear something green so as not to get pinched by someone who's eagle eye noticed from the other side of the room if you were wearing it or not.  The teacher would have arranged a bulletin board with shamrocks and maybe a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow to mark the approaching holiday on the calendar.  It was fun.  A story of stone soup or green eggs and ham might have been incorporated.
Today, as I walk into one of my favorite stores, there are shelves of decorations to celebrate the day.
I have a little Irish in my blood via my grandpa and I'd like to think of it's roots in further detail and significance in my heritage and some of the traditions I unknowingly carry on.  So I set out to do a little research as I love to do on the computer and visit the grand country of Ireland and some of it's wonders, cyber style.

A stroll down Grafton Street in Dublin, Ireland.
Lovely flowers fragrant and vibrant.
Complete with street musicians.
A beautiful lace museum.
Looking over the most exquisite handmade crocheted lace.
A stop inside a pub for a delicious plate of corned beef and vegetables with scrumptious bread.
A stroll of St. Patrick's Cathedral in Armagh, Ireland.

So very beautiful.  Imagine Easter and it's tradition here.

Touring castles such as Belfast Castle.
Such a tranquil place to think of a time that was.

Homey cottages with stories of humble life.
In the countryside.
Vast scenery at the Cliffs of Moher.
How beautiful, fresh and green!

As Easter approaches.
I reflect the things I have to be thankful for and a time of togetherness with family and friends

~
May your blessings outnumber
the shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
~Irish Blessing

The photos were taken by folks so fortunate to visit Ireland and wanted to share them, by tourist sites promoting Ireland travel and sites of Ireland and it's history.  They are photos I would  place in scrapbook form as a possible travel destination and reference.  Where does your heart carry you in imaginative thought?
Visiting the home of your roots is a great beginning!

I also visited Martha Stewart's site.  She has some wonderful recipes of  irish potoatoes, corned beef with vegetables,  a soda bread recipe, dessert dishes and more.  Sounds like a great way to top off your celebration of St. Patrick's Day!  Have a beautiful St. Patrick's Day!  Filled with fun and childhood memories, filled with celebration and always with your safe keeping at the forefront of your thoughts.
Love,


2 comments:

Kammy said...

Hi Kris,
I love the pictures. I does make one to want to visit Ireland !
Thanks for visiting my blog, we
love Colorado !
Hugs,
Kammy

PAT said...

Wonderful post Kris!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails